Student enrollment data is based on headcount and compiled using census files created on the 21st day after the official first day of each Fall semester.
- After fall 2016, enrollment numbers may differ from what has been reported to the Arizona Board of Regents or IPEDS.
- Academic Career: Each student enrolled at the university has one or more academic plans. Academic plans determine the program of study as well as indicate the student’s status as an undergraduate or graduate/first professional.
- New First-Years: Students enrolled for the first time as degree-seeking students who graduated high school the term immediately prior to enrolling at UA (not including summer) OR graduated high school two or more terms prior to enrolling at UA and earned fewer than twelve college credits after high school (not including AP, CLEP, IB, or other college credits earned while in high school).
- New Transfers: Students enrolled for the first time as degree-seeking students who enrolled at UA two or more terms after high school graduation and earned twelve or more college credits after graduating high school and before enrolling at UA (not including AP, CLEP, IB, or other college credits earned while in high school).
- Transfer Institution: Institution listed is the last attended by the student prior to UA.
- International Students: Based on visa type and citizenship.
- IPEDS Race/Ethnicity*
- Data may be broken out by IPEDS race/ethnicity, which is a reporting construct developed by the Department of Education that allows for easy comparison with other institutions of higher education. More information is available here.
- IPEDS race/ethnicity is a self-identified value captured in the UAccess Student system.
- In this workbook, the official IPEDS race/ethnicity reporting category of ‘non-resident alien’ has been re-categorized as ‘International’ and ‘unknown’ has been re-categorized as ‘not reported’.