Faculty tenure values are based on headcount using a yearly fall census file. A census file is a snapshot of at a point in time that will not be updated with changing demographics. Census files ensure reliability (historical reports can be replicated), comparability (especially with other institutions' counts), and produce meaningful trends over time.
- Tenure-Track Faculty: Includes tenured and tenure-eligible faculty only.
- Continuing and continuing-track faculty: Included with the other instructional, research, and clinical faculty.
- IPEDS Race/Ethnicity*
- Data may be broken out by IPEDS race/ethnicity, which is a reporting construct developed by the Department of Education that allows for easy comparison with other institutions of higher education. More information is available here.
- IPEDS race/ethnicity is a self-identified value captured in the UAccess Employee system.
- In this workbook, the official IPEDS race/ethnicity reporting category of ‘non-resident alien’ has been re-categorized as ‘International’ and ‘unknown’ has been re-categorized as ‘not reported’.