IPEDS Feedback Reports
The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) has established the Integrated Post-secondary Education Data System (IPEDS) as its core post-secondary education data collection program. It is a single, comprehensive system that encompasses all identified institutions whose primary purpose is to provide post-secondary education. IPEDS consists of institution-level data that can be used to describe trends in post-secondary education at the institution, state and/or national levels.
For example, researchers can use IPEDS to analyze information on:
- Enrollments of students: undergraduate, first-time freshmen, graduate and first-professional students by race/ethnicity and gender; full and part-time; degree seeking. See Common Data Set(CDS-B) for this information)
- Institutional revenue and expenditure patterns by source of income and type of expense
- Salaries of full-time instructional faculty by academic rank and tenure status
- Completions (degrees awarded) by type of program, level of award, race/ethnicity, and gender
- Characteristics of post-secondary institutions, including tuition, room and board charges, calendar systems, etc.
- Other issues of interest