The University of Arizona
Skip to Content

Meteoritics and Planetary Science

The journal was first published in 1935 under the title Contributions of the Society for Research on Meteorites. In 1947, the publication became known as Contributions of the Meteoritical Society and continued through 1951. From 1953 to 1995, the publication was known as Meteoritics, and in 1996, the journal's name was changed to Meteoritics and Planetary Science or MAPS. The journal was not published in 1952 and from 1957 to 1964.